A GRIEF-STRICKEN mum claims her security camera captured the ghost of her dead son in her kitchen, after a seemingly transparent figure triggered its sensor.
Mum-of-two Jennifer Hodge was in bed watching TV with her daughter Lauren, 21, in Atlanta last week when she received a notification on her phone reading “person spotted in entryway”.
When they opened the image, they saw a male bearded figure in white pyjamas, who looked just like their son and brother Robbie – who died two years earlier of a drug overdose.
The pair sprinted to the kitchen, terrified but needing to discover the truth, and found it empty, with no signs of a break-in.
Jennifer said: “It’s just insane – I’m blown away. It’s just crazy.
“I was laying in bed watching TV with my daughter and I was just about asleep. The phone was lay between us and I got this message notification saying someone was in the kitchen.
“She was like ‘Mum, there’s a person in the kitchen… Mum, that’s Robbie!’
Nothing unusual has happened since.
Jennifer said: “Now, I feel like he was letting me know he is happy in heaven.
“That brings me some comfort, but I still just think it’s weird.”
The family have never experienced anything similar before, or been visited by any kind of apparition.
Jennifer continued: “Our camera is triggered by movement and noise, but there was no intruder when we ran into the kitchen.
“I don’t know what to believe. I’m still in a state of shock.
“Does it look like Robbie? Yes. I would love to see anybody else’s camera where people might look transparent. This is just weird.”
Robbie died aged 23 on November 29, 2016 after what is believed to have been an accidental overdose.
His mum claims he was “one of the most giving, caring, loving human beings” and the pair had even set up a charity to help people battling addiction.
Jennifer said: “He had had an addiction and we thought for sure it had to be heroin when he passed away. But the only thing that we could track down is where he was buying Xanax.
“He and I together had started a charity before he died and it was to turn real estate into a way of saving lives and stopping addiction.”
The charity went on to win local and national awards.
What do you make of it?
Source: The Sun